Searching For HarmonySearching For Harmony by Kelly Elliott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A sweet and moving story with a lot of potential

After getting married and having a child at a young age, Harmony needs to find her way again when both her husband and baby are killed in an car accident. Preston is the first responder who feels drawn to Harmony after being unable to save her baby.

I have mixed feelings about this book. I really liked the beginning and the author did a tremendous job of making me feel the heartbreak throughout the story. I also enjoyed some of the funny and silly moments, like the ongoing joke about being a New York Yankees fan in Red Sox loving Boston. But though I definitely felt Harmony's grief, I found it difficult to connect to either Harmony or Preston, as the characters seemed a little immature to me; while they were fairly young (Harmony is only 20 when they meet), I felt that their life experiences would have added maturity that just didn't come across. The story also dragged a bit for me at times and I found the plot a little predictable, both things that wouldn't have bothered me much if I had liked the main characters a little more.

This was my first book from this author, and the first in a new series; with some great secondary characters, I'd certainly like to see where this series goes. A sweet and moving story with a lot of potential that just didn't quite work for me on all levels. 3.5 stars

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts