B2B Kelly's Review of Challenged by Ryan Michele

Challenged (Vipers Creed MC, #1)Challenged by Ryan Michele
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Fast entertaining read

Trix Lamasters is forced to seek help from the last man on earth she'd choose to turn to, the guy who broke her heart in high school and now is president of the Vipers Creed MC, Cade "Spook" Baker. It been fifteen years, but Cade believes that the woman he used to know as Trixie coming to him for help is his second chance to make her his--and this time not even Trix herself is going to stop him.

Wow, from the first page to the last, this story had me gasping and pretty much completely clueless. And then one of the characters gets in the last words (literally, the very last three sentences) and I'm pretty sure some of the stuff that happened that I thought I understood, I didn't really understand at all. So, yeah, just...wow. Note that this is not a cliffhanger, but you are left with questions for the next book.

As for characters, Trix is intelligent and feisty, Cade is alpha male through and through, and the chemistry between the two of them is off the charts. In fact, it was almost too hot, as I felt they got together awfully fast given their previous history. Add in some intriguing secondary characters (though I would have liked a little more depth), and you've got a fast entertaining read with a nice set-up for the rest of the series. 4 stars

Books2Blog Kelly

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts