Review! Protecting His Forever by LeAnn Ashers

Protecting His ForeverProtecting His Forever by LeAnn Ashers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

***************** Gifted Copy ***************************

Protecting His Forever is the first book in the Forever Series and is Kane and Sydney’s tumultuous journey to love and happily ever after. This was my first read from this author.

Kane becomes Sydney’s protector in a horrible yet heroic way. The experience they undergo catapults Sydney and Kane into each other’s arms. Yet, if only love was easy. Nope, not for Sydney. Sydney’s past come calling and it’s not just one call and certainly nothing she ever expected. As Sydney deals with her past, Kane becomes her source of strength and undeniable love.

This story in its entirety is a good one. With a hot, alpha ex-marine male lead and a strong and resilient writer who rises above adversity, this book should have rocked. Unfortunately, I felt the story was rushed in several places and fell short in its potential. In 241 pages, the author packs so many heavy topics from attempted kidnapping/rape to child neglect and abuse to abandonment to human trafficking, I often found myself frustrated wanting more expansion. I recognize, though, the author seemingly might be setting the stage for the theme of the series. My other source of contention is that everything was too neatly tied at the end which caused me to lose a bit of my love for the story in the end.

Did the author pen a compelling storyline with tons of potential? Most definitely yes. Consequently for me, Protecting His Forever was a 3 star read.

B2B Mila

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts